Why Choose Dental Implants?
Dental implants are perfect for anyone that has a missing tooth or teeth and that the gums and jawbone are still in great shape. There are a number of options for a missing tooth including bridges or even dentures, but implants offer the most natural look and are a permanent fixture in your mouth. Read on for further information regarding dental implants.
What Is A Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a permanent metal root that is implanted into the gum and jawbone. It is screwed in, and an artificial tooth is screwed into the top. The artificial tooth is replicated to mimic your teeth, so it will flow with the look of the rest of your teeth to make it appear more natural. The process of having the dental implant installed is a long process that can take several months for the implant to fuse to the bone.
How Do You Care For Dental Implants?
The dental implant is permanent, so it doesn't need to be removed to clean. Simply brush your artificial tooth just as you would your natural teeth. Floss around it just like you would with your other teeth. You still need to see your dentist for regular checkups, cleanings, and exams. Your dentist will make sure your implant is still in good shape and that there aren't any issues with the implant.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Implants?
There are a number of benefits of dental implants over other types of artificial teeth. Some of these benefits include:
- 1. No food restrictions at all.
- 2. No slippage when eating, drinking or talking as with dentures.
- 3. No need to remove when eating, drinking or sleeping or to clean it as with dentures or bridges.
- 4. No gum irritation as with bridges or dentures.
- 5. Will not cause problems with your other teeth or gums near the implant.
- 6. Implants are long lasting and can even last an entire lifetime.
- 7. Implants are natural looking; even your front teeth can have implants without anyone noticing a difference in your teeth.
- 8. Can be used for one tooth or for multiple teeth.
Dental implants are a great choice if you have a missing tooth or teeth that need to be replaced. As long as your gums and jawbone are healthy and intact implants are an option for you. Talk to your dentist about having dental implants to replace any missing teeth in your mouth.
For more information, check out a website like http://www.charlottesvilledentistry.com/.